08/08/2015




I've wanted to write this post for ages.
It's by no means complete but I thought I'd share with you  what I have so far! For me the the most challenging part of being Vegan is eating out. It's those times you're out with friends and everyone spontaneously wants to grab a 'cheeky Nando's' or pop in for a Katsu Curry at Wagas's and you have a mini panic and think 'What on earth am I gonna eat?' 

Even worse still is when you're sitting there scouring the menu trying to decipher what you can and can't have, feeling like a complete nuisance whilst asking the waitress for  'the Spaghetti Bolognese with NO meat  NO cheese, oh and instead of the side of garlic bread could I grab a side salad with no dressing please..?'. All the while you're friends shuffle around feeling uncomfortable.

 Yup I've been there but hopefully with a few of my recommendations I can save you a whole lot of awkwardness. 


NANDO'S
Veggie Wrap (MAKE SURE YOU SAY NO YOGHURT MAYO)!!!! and chips with a side of Avo 
I've had this a couple of times now and I really enjoyed it. This is by no means the only thing you can order on the menu:

Houmous with Peri Peri Drizzle and Pitta bread
Spicy Mixed Olives
Peri Peri nuts
Ratatouille
Veggie Pitta(NO MAYO/CHEESE)
Veggie Wrap(NO MAYO/CHEESE)

Portobello Mushroom and Halloumi(WITHOUT THE HALLOUMI)

KIDS
Veggie Strips
Sweet potato wedges
Saucy Veg 
Chilly Billy Lolly

Did you know lots of restaurants have a special book that tells you what is Vegan, Gluten Free, Kosher, Halal all sorts!


I ALWAYS RECOMMEND LETTING YOUR SERVER KNOW THAT YOU ARE VEGAN WHEN PLACING YOUR ORDER!!!


WAGAMAMA
Yasai Itame Without Tofu (I'm not a fan of Tofu)

Yasai Yaki Soba with Udon Noodles 
Yasai Itame with Sticky rice and a side of Yasai Steamed Gyoza 


Edamame(above)
Wok Fried Greens
Yasai Steamed Gyoza(above) 
Yasai Itame(above)

Drinks 
Super Greeen Juice 
Blueberry Spice Juice
Carrot Juice


You can ask to make adjustments to some non Vegan options to make them Vegan, like how I changed the noodles in the Yaki Soba.

POD

I can't remember the name of this but it was the veggie stew of the day! I wasn't a huge of it flavour-wise, but I love that they packed it with lots of crunchy veg! I'd definitely recommend the Pod Gym Box though full of flavour and everything seemed so fresh! 

Slaw & avocado salad
Crunchy asian side salad
Pod tabbouleh
 Peruvian vegetable stew
Gym Box
Lebanese red pepper vegetable & quinoa soup
Lebanese red pepper vegetable & noodle soup
..... and ALL of their smoothies apart from the Smooth Berry Blitz (which contains dairy yoghurt)

ITSU
Dumplings on a Bed
Edamame


 Avocado Sushi Rolls
Veggie Club
 Glory Burger
 Quinoa & Avo
 Garden Shed 'On a Bed'
Dumplings On a Bed
 Dumplings Naked
 Hip, Humble & Healthy
 Miso Soup
 Detox Soup
 Vegetarian
 Edamame
 Khobez Bread

LEON







Sweet Potato Falafel With Chilli Sauce(WITHOUT AIOLI!)

Leon Gobi Lunchbox
Vegan Superclean Quinoa Salad
Crushed Pea Salad
Fresh Slaw
Leon Baked Fries 
Hummus
Flat Bread
Spiced Corn( Canary Wharf Only)
Chilli Sauce, Ketchup and Vinagrette
Italian Brown Rice 

Kids 
Hummus and Plum Tomato Pot 
Hummus & Cucumber Pot
Hummus & Broccoli Pot
Leon Gobi Rice Box
Soya Milk

Drinks
Clean Green Shake 
Chocolate Milk Free Shake 
Banana & Cinnamon Milk Free Shake 
Orange Juice 
Lemonade
Lemon Ginger Quencher
Goji Berry & Passion Fruit Juicy Quencher
Peach, Lemon&White Tea Juicy Water
Acai & Rapsberry Juicy Water
Mint Steeper 
Ginger Steeper 
+all the teas, filter coffee, Americano and espresso

Hope this was helpful!

See you soon

Darlene xxx










      1 comment: